Via dell’Acqua – Variant 1A
Along the section that connects Tigliole with Valfenera, we can make a short detour (Variant 1A) towards the village of Cantarana.
The name refers to the presence of watercourses, of which the territory is actually rich, especially in the area of Bonoma, which feed many aqueducts in the province of Asti. Its origins probably date back to the Celtic era, even if the name of Cantarana only became widespread in the 14th century. The village, which was always among the possessions of the Malabaila family, passed to the Cacherano family in 1706, who retained possession of it until 1898. Of great importance is the bell tower that, thanks to its height of almost 50 meters, is one of the most impressive towers in the whole territory of Asti, wanted by the parish priest of the country, Don Giovanni Soria.
Along the way:
Point of interest along the way
Via Don Luigi Cotto