Via dei Santi - Leg 1
The itinerary starts from the centre of San Martino Alfieri, dominated by the majestic castle, built between 1696 and 1721, surrounded by a park realized in 1815, according to the new romantic english style, commissioned by Marquis Carlo Emanuele Alfieri di Sostegno. The urban planning and the parish church were planned by the engineer Cavaliere Ernesto Melano, who had already worked in the area.
About numerous hamlets of San Martino Alfieri, we remember the one of Marelli, where Monsignor Giuseppe Marello was born, proclaimed Saint in 2001. We go to the north-west, for a first stretch along the provincial road until we reach the detour to the hamlet of Firano. The way continues along Sana road, through the vineyards and lawns. Continue as far as the town hall for Lavezzole (Variant 1C). We then head north in the Borbore valley, still in the middle of meadow and pasture fields, passing under the village of Celle Enomondo, the point of arrival of the first stage.
Along the way:
Point of interest along the way