Cadiliano, Stella, San Pietro
There was an autonomous hamlet about the year 1000 called Cadiliano o Caylano and it was characterized by a castle and a chapel dedicated to San Pietro. About 1200 and 1207 a group of people from Govone, Priocca and Cadiliano tried to found a new hamlet, called Stella, on the homonymous hill to free themselves from the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Asti and his Vassal Lords of Govone.
Later on, the present hamlet has developed around the San Pietro church, rebuilt in 1923.
The route give us the possibility to walk through the hamlets and to admire the variety of the landscape.
Along the way:
Point of interest along the way