Gold Frankincense Myrrh – Nativity Scenes in Monferrato
"The nativity scene [...] is a moving thing, which everyone likes..." are the words of Eduardo De Filippo, taken from his masterpiece "Natale in casa Cupiello" (Christmas at the Cupiello’s), a true homage to one of the most intimate and creative rites of the Christian tradition. But it is also a metaphor for life: Eduardo's nativity scene, staged for the first time in 1931, in a very troubled historical context, immediately stood out as the symbolic representation of a crisis-ridden society, of troubled families, of microcosms torn apart by individualism and frustrated ambitions.You need glue, says Eduardo, to create the nativity scene, but the glue is cold, like the atmosphere around it, just like hearts devoid of any feeling.
This is what the organizers of the "Oro Incenso Mirra - I presepi nel Monferrato" (Gold Frankincense Myrrh – Nativity Scenes in Monferrato) nativity scene exhibition must have thought, since their event has been enlivening some of the most beautiful villages in the Asti area for years. An unquestionable charm, genuine works of art in miniature, and fascinating itineraries for those who want to rediscover an authentic and intimate Christmas.
The nativity scenes in the “Oro Incenso Mirra” exhibition are fanciful and original even in their choice of materials: there are works made of clay, but also crocheted, with corks, paper, iron and wood, and new details and elements are added every year. You will find them in unusual places and it will be a journey through, squares, courtyards, small niches and even private homes. A journey through ten villages in the Asti area (Albugnano, Aramengo, Camerano, Castagnole Monferrato, Cocconato, Grana, Monale, Montegrosso d'Asti, Schierano - a hamlet of Passerano Marmorito - and Castagnole Lanze), to be enjoyed with the family as well as taking part in the countless side events: photo contests, folklore, entertainment and food and wine tastings.
The nativity scenes in Monferrato will be open to visitors from the 8th of December to the 6th of January.
Aramengo: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 will be held the exhibition "Il presepe... che meraviglia"
- Hours: Open on holidays and days before holidays (excluding Christmas and New Year) from 2.30 pm to 6 pm. Visits out of hours and for groups only on reservation: tel +39 0141 909129
"Presepe in piazza" created by the Community of Marmorito
Via R. Giuliani 4, Marmorito hamlet. Piazza del Peso.
- Hours: always open
Camerano Casasco: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 it will be possible to visit the Presepe meccanico degli antichi mestieri
- Hours: open on reservation. Private or group visits, throughout the year by contacting the numbers: +39 337 249067 and +39 340 6835621
Castagnole Monferrato: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 La Mercantile Mostra presepi
- Hours: opening will be guaranteed every public holiday from 10 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm or on reservation call: +39 338 3000566
Castagnole delle Lanze: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 Nativity scene exhibition
- Hours: historic center open-air exhibition every day. Nativity scene in the park of Remembrance open every day from 8 am to 6 pm.
Cocconato: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022
Hours: - “Animated nativity scene”: always open
- "Artist nativity scenes": pre-holidays: from 2.30 pm to 6 pm, holidays from 11am to 12.30 pm and from 2.30 pm to 6 pm for groups you can book at the number + 39 0141 600076 or at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grana Monferrato: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 Nino Di Muzio Nativity
- Timetable: 8 December from 11 am to 12.30 pm. Saturdays from 3.30 pm to 5 pm. Sundays from 11 am to 12.30 pm and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm. On Saturday, the 25th of December from 11 am to 12.30 pm and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm. On Thursday the 6th of January from 11 am 12.30 pm and from 3.30 pm to 5 pm.
Monale: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 6 JANUARY 2022 Exhibition of nativity scenes
Hours: 8 to 20 DECEMBER from 10 am to 12 pm
20 DECEMBER - 6 JANUARY from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Visits on request Tel. 0141 650001
Montegrosso d'Asti: 8 DECEMBER 2021 - 8 JANUARY 2022 Mechanical nativity scene and exhibition
- Hours: Mechanical nativity scene and exhibition "In the carriage": On Tuesday from 10 am to 12 pm, on Saturday and on Sunday from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Exhibition "The artistic nativity scenes of Castellamonte": on Saturday and on Sunday from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Exhibition "The crib on the salt road" FROM 12 DECEMBER TO 6 JANUARY: on Saturday and on Sunday from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm, on 18 and 19 December guided tours.
For openings on request and information: +39 389 1369000
Schierano Passerano Marmorito district : DECEMBER 8, 2021 - JANUARY 6, 2022 "Nativity scenes in the street"
- Hours: always open. During the exhibition period of the cribs, every Sunday.